Monday, June 5, 2017

Great Weekend...

We did our first bris, well did not actually do the bris we just fed the guests and...

Hi Scott,
This afternoon I was lucky enough to be a guest at Gail's grandson's Bris. It was a beautiful service.

The food was delicious and displayed magnificently. Gail said you were the chef!  

Scott, if ever I have a party, you are my go to guy.  I think the gentleman she hired to help was also from you. He was ---from this guest's view ---the best.  Out of the way and made sure the platters were filled.  

Excellent job Scott.  Glad you are back in the swing of things.
 
First:  Presentation
The presentation was just beautiful. Everything looked wonderful.  As you know, food that looks good makes a huge impression.  Many people commented on the eye appeal.  

Second:  Quantity and Taste
We ended up with 54 people, but for various reasons only 50 could stay for the food.  So I am judging the amount considering the leftovers to see if there was another 30% (to make servings for 65). 

Cheese and fruit trays - Generous and great assortment.  Fresh and perfect for the occasion.
Israeli tray - An unusual treat.  Really set a nice tone for this occasion.  Sufficient quantity.  The kibbeh was probably the best I have ever had.  I look forward to the leftovers! 
Pear Salad and vegetables - Interesting, fresh, also sufficient quantity.
Sandwiches - Generous amount and an interesting assortment.  I wish that there were labels - Bill explained what they were if anyone asked, but if I had known in advance I would have had little signs.  I don't know what was on the roast beef, but it was fantastic.  
Watermelon salad - Went quickly.  Barely enough for the 50 who were there - no leftovers.  I never got to taste it. Suggestion - Because of the juiciness of the watermelon, it got "drippy."  Bill had to pour the juice off.  Perhaps a rounded bowl would be better than a flat tray. 
Dips and pita - Delicious, fresh, and sufficient quantity.
Desserts - Plentiful and great assortment.  People (including me)were swooning over the crispy wafer cookies with the chocolate.

Bill was a really nice guy and eager to help in any way.

So, to sum it up - a big success!  I am so delighted that everything went well.  Thank you so much, and I look forward to other happy occasions.

Sincerely,
Gail

No comments:

Post a Comment